Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 570

Entry: five hundred seventy.

System: CZK-
Region: Catch
Time: 02:20

Hakawu spoke up in the Bar and Grill in CZK- proper; "I wanna go kill something...if I were to lead a roam who would want to come?" Silence followed for a good ten seconds before someone, me, replied. "Sure, I'll go with ya."

After my agreement, several more murmurs of agreement came out. Leaders need followers that will lead as well I guess. Sheep to lead sheep as it were.

One of the others asked what sort of gang we would roll out in.
 
"Nano, two Scimitars," replied Hak.


*****

System: CZK-
Region: Catch
Time: 02:40

"Seriously, does no one want to go out and kill shit today?" asked Hakawu to no one in particular.

*****

System: CZK-
Region: Catch
Time: 02:50
FC: Hakawu 
 
"Alright guys, I guess we're not going to get more. Let's undock and see what we got."

We undocked. I was in a Hurricane, we had two Vagabonds, a Rapier, a Drake, and Hak in a Zealot. "Well, at least least we don't have to worry about logi!" laughed Hak.

"Gimme a minute Hak, I need to repair some heat damage I forgot about," I called.

"Sure thing, no problem," he replied. "We'll leave in five minutes guys."

*****

System: T-RPFU
Region: Providence
Time: 03:30
FC: Hakawu

"Everybody get on the D-G gate at zero," was Hakawu's order.

"I've got a Heretic on scan," someone said. Hakawu said that was that ok, that once the Heretic landed, if he bubbled we would simply jump through. "Heretic landing!" someone, possibly the same person, called out. I haven't learned everyone's voice yet. 

Understandably this is hard to do in an alliance of two thousand or more pilots.

"Nobody aggress," Hakawu reassured us. "Just stay on the gate and when he bubbles us what the fuck just happened!" he laughed. "You guys just NUKED it! Oh my God hahahaha! Everyone align out," he gave the order, just before hostiles appeared on grid, warping in on the D-G gate at zero. "Warp out warp out warp out!"

A few moments passed, then he asked if anyone had been tackled. Silence rung out for a few moments, long enough for me to decide that everyone got away, and I vocalized a "Yep" over comms.

"Alright, everyone warp to Hakawu," Hakawu commanded.

*****

System: T-RPFU
Region: Providence
Time: 03:45
FC: Hakawu

Our lone interceptor had died in a failed gatecrash upon jumping from D-G. Apparently he sets destination for the system he's crashing, burns for the gate, and activates the autopilot. In this case it failed horribly, as autopilot takes several seconds to set in after activation, and he bounced off the gate. Explosive decompression ensued. 

"Everyone warp to D-G at one hundred. Everybody warp, everybody warp. Once you land, pick your favorite celestial and align, microwarpdrives on," came the FC's commands. "We'll just pick off their tackle, when they come to get us."
 
As we landed, I aligned to the first safe spot I had made that night in mid warp. Nothing happened at first, and then, "Here comes the Malediction," someone chuckled. I made multiple attempts to target him, as he kept his transversal high and his range dropped from over hundred clicks to sixty-five. Right around sixty-five clicks away from me, he turned around and headed back to the gate, then warped away towards the station.

"He's going to get a warp-in for them. Guys, take the warp." I was the last to leave, the Hurricane turning like a brick because of the active microwarpdrive.

"Who's still there at the gate? I know I saw someone there when I warped out," called Hak.

"Truenight," I replied. "My mwd was active when you gave warp, so it took a little longer."

*****

System: T-RPFU / MH9C-S
Region: Providence
Time: 03:47
FC: Hakawu

"Warp MH at zero! Everybody warp everybody warp!"

The enemy fleet, NCdot, had scanned us down and warped to our safe spot. We were pre-aligned, waiting to get away. It was going to be close though; NCdot had a few interceptors with them, and it was a long warp to the MH gate.

"Guys, when you land, jump through and annihilate the bubbler that will be waiting for us. Align to the star and pulse your mwd's," Hak commanded.

A few seconds, and the warp tunnel dissipated, dropping me at the MH9C-S gate. I jumped through as the enemy Heretic did.

I arrived on the other side in a fury of reassembled atoms. I immediately aligned for the sun, activating the microwarp. The Heretic dropped a warp bubble as I began targeting him, and in a matter of seconds the frail destroyer class hull crumpled.

I initiated warp.

*****

System: MH9C-S
Region: Providence
Time: 03:48
FC: Hakawu

"Here they come guys," called Hakawu. An interdictor was landing on us, at the sun at zero. "Pop him guys!"

"Here comes more!"

"Burn out of the bubble and warp out! Nail that dictor!" commanded Hakawu.

*****

System: F9E-KX
Region: Catch

FC: Hakawu

'Damn gate lag, I can't jump. The NCdot fleet is right on my heels, and I'm cooling mine at the SV5 gate in F9E...come on come on come on goddammit stiletto jump jump jump...' 

*****

System: SV5-8N
Region: Catch
Time: 03:53
FC: Hakawu

"Align sun align sun mwd's on! Is anyone scrammed?" asked Hak.

"Truenight," I replied.

"Shit align sun primary the stiletto kill the stiletto. Primary the Arazu kill it guys keep burning warp off when you can warp off when you can."

I was the last to leave the field, mwd overheated, and I managed to slowly outpace the Arazu, the lone tackler with a fifty kilometer point. I warped off, NCdot just fractions of a second behind me. I landed at the sun, finding a two NCdot Hurricanes already there and having just tackled the Drake in our fleet, Biskuit. I aligned planet five customs and initiated warp, managing a cycle of my two neutralizers on an enemy Hurricane before entering warp. Biskuit didn't make it out, the NCdot fleet warping in on top of him as I warped out.

"Safe up guys!"

*****

System: SV5-8N / HED-GP
Region: Catch
Time: 04:08
FC: Hakawu

"Align HED."

It took some time, but the combat scanner probes finally tracked us down sixteen au from the HED-GP gate towards the F9E- gate.
 
"Here they come!" Perhaps three seconds passed before the NCdot fleet started landing on grid. "Warp HED and jump go go go warp and jump! When you land align out and pulse your microwarps!"

We slammed into warp, ten seconds later slamming out, and crashed the gate.

An instant of nothing, and I landed. I aligned to to a deep safe, overheating the microwarp, and targeted the Arazu that came in.

"Anyone tackled?" asked Hakawu.

"I'm scrammed," replied Rhianna. "I'm dead Hak, get outta here!"

"Fleet warp fleet warp," commanded Hak.

I warped out, the Vagabond exploding behind me.

*****

System: HED-GP
Region: Catch
Time: 04:15
FC: Hakawu

I had been sitting in my super deep-safe spot, apparently a remnant of an old incursion site. Thirty clicks from the nearest celestial, damn near no one would ever find it. Were I scanning, I sure wouldn't bother with a scan great than eight au out of pure need for speed.

"Warp to the x's for the jumpbridge to GE-."

I warped. The roam was done, and even though we lost half of our fleet, we all had fun being the chased instead of the chasers.

Surviving ships: Me in a Hurricane, Hakawu in a Zealot, CreCre in a Harbinger.

Destroyed ships: Crow, Ishkur, Vagabond.
 
Possibly destroyed ships: Vagabond. killmail and pilot missing from all battles on Cascade Imminent Killboard.
 
Computer: terminate recording.